Monday, March 14, 2016

My daily/weekly fitness regimen:

Dialysis days (3 hours each day - starting at 4:45 AM - M/W/F) - usually my husband and I take a brisk walk soon after. If by chance I'm too fatigued that morning, I'll walk later in the day.

Off Days (non dialysis days), I go to my local place for fitness. Occasionally my daughter and I will walk the mile or so there. If not, we'll ride the stationary bikes for 30 minutes. She typically does that plus does the stair climber (elliptical machine) for another 30 minutes.

From there, we do the circuit (once to three times around). Side-by-side, she and I will complete 100 sit-ups. Then stretch for another fifteen minutes. On occasion, we'll play basketball.

Next, if she doesn't have an organized youth activity, we swim (or I'll swim alone). We spend about a half hour to an hour in the pool (self-teaching how to swim properly until we can afford classes). I then get in a nearby Jacuzzi. Followed by steam, sauna: showers.

Throughout each day, I typically crave tall glasses of iced water (which is not a wise luxury for me). Also I love to test random water fountains - especially at my fitness facility or local libraries -- where the water is usually clean, cold and forceful. This is another unwise habit I need to break due to the inability to adequately measure liquids being consumed.

Goal is, I want to be in ultimate physical and mental condition once I'm privileged a quality kidney. I can imagine the first few things I'm do once I'm able: drink lots of water. Maybe train to run a marathon. Being a former, extremely fit aerobics/fitness instructor, this feat is not impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment