Friday, July 15, 2016

I'm currently doing fairly well, thankfully. Month of July started off with a bang - colorfully sparked by joyous moments that made my heart radiate; smile constantly.

Well, you know I visit the gym at least three or more times per week. Tuesday's and Thursday's (M/W/F are dialysis dialysis days). My usual routine (aside from a mile run when stamina permits). I bike (30) minutes, do a circuit (1-3x's), then I swim (self teaching from library books, videos and observing skilled swimmers).

One Friday, out-of-the-blue I get a call from my family gym. My daughter spends a great deal of time there for exercise and youth activities, so I assumed it was something related to her. To my surprise, some kind stranger (I assume), who wants to remain anonymous, gifted me a swim session (which last for 5-6 weeks). Thrilled doesn't even describe my euphoria. I was so elated I couldn't sleep, as I enthusiastically accepted the next adult class - which started the very next day.

So now, not only have I been swimming on Tuesday's and Thursday's, but I've added Saturday to my weekly swimming routine (which I'll write more on in a separate blog entry).

My daughter (who is home schooled) accompanies me not only to the gym (she exercises and participates in an array of activities geared for the youth), but also my weekly crafting/knitting circles (she's a very skilled in crochet, knitting; and sews too).

She and I were invited to participate in a weekly quilting group. There, ladies of all ages and backgrounds get together and design (from scratch) quilts for battered women's shelters. There we are taught by the best and have learned so much in just a small amount of time ~ while having a blast.

The greatest thing is, we are doing something positive and potentially comforting for those who are suffering through challenging times in their lives. Another gift to my daughter (age twelve) and I is, we are meeting and interacting with some amazing people - which is truly a privilege.

My daughter continues to mature and thrive and blossom. I'm so honored to be her mother. Each day is an adventure - sometimes too stressful for me to endure, but I'm thankful to be able to be present and experience with her and facilitate memorable times to someday fondly reflect upon with QUALITY people, places, things and ideas. Good thing is, she's self-confident. Socially intelligent and aware. Can interact with anyone on any level, at any time. No problem.

Daily she's involved with a plethora of social opportunities (included with numerous team sports) with her peers and kids/people of all ages and backgrounds. She's having real world opportunities and we will continue on this beautiful & beneficial path, that works for us. She's happy. She's healthy.

Another great thing happening this month is, one of my doctors returned from maternity leave. I genuinely adore her. Missed her so much and seeing her face, hearing her voice weekly - during dialysis treatments tends to brighten up my day.

I'm privileged some amazing doctors where I receive top notch, quality care. Though the medical and prescription bills are rapidly destroying/devastating us financially, I hold on to the fact that at least I'm being professionally cared for by the best. I'm staying active.  Living my life peacefully and productively. My monthly labs, my health are consistently good, for the most part. When they are not, I try to maintain the spirit of - doing whatever is necessary, staying enlightened. And, "adapting like water".


No comments:

Post a Comment