Sunday, January 1, 2017

What a privilege to go to bed, wake up knowing those most important to me are safe and well. I'm in good health and spirits. We all have the things we need - each other, quality friends, food and shelter. And what an extra bonus each year to go to sleep New Years Eve and wake New Years day to continued Twilight Zone episodes. Regardless of seeing repeats, each viewing is as enjoyable as the first time.

About 10:00 pm, New Years Eve, instantly I had a brief bout feeling melancholy. Sort of frightened by another new year fastly approaching. "Did I accomplish all intentions in 2016?" I quietly wondered. No, I no longer write down resolutions each year. But I do "think" about those things I'd like to happen (and what I intend to do to bring my desires into fruition).

Mentally listing all the life lessons I've learned. All the amazing experiences I was fortuned. Inspirational people who've touched my life. New friends and relationships that have developed.

Time seems to be racing by. And there are so many moments I just want to last. For instance, my daughter and I snuggled in bed this morning chatting, she, knitting while we both watched Twilight Zone. She's twelve and I'm so thankful she still wants to be under her mom (and dad).

And my son, he's been home for about a week, This trip, he relaxed more and was more himself. Usually when he comes home from the academic intense college he attends and he's stressed. Naturally he's a laid back, affable person. Thankfully this is who he was this trip. Hopefully he's adapting to the stress he  endures at school as he aims to do only his best. His dad and I reminds him that we are truly proud of who and what he is.

I'm having surgery (fistula) tomorrow. Luckily I feel limited to no anxiety about the upcoming procedure. My surgeon is awesome and knowing that I'll be in good hands keeps me calm. I'm in the care of amazing doctors to which I'm grateful.

That's all for now. I know it's been a while since I've last blogged. Thing is, I often have interesting ideas and content in my head. By the time I find the time and energy to write, I'm no longer inspired. Hopefully this all changes in this new year. I'm a creative person and happiest when I'm creating and sharing. May my readership grow this year and years to come. And may I become  a much better blogger.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment