Monday, January 23, 2017

Turns out, one of the knitting groups we attend (attend several different ones) has informed me, my daughter is no longer welcomed.

I was stunned when we heard this. After all, we have been faithfully attending this particular group for years, and have bonded with many of those who attend.

Recently my daughter had to go to the front office to get something. One of the ladies in the group volunteered to help my daughter (who also sews) with her Serger machine.

We brought her machine with us this visit for the lesson. But did not have all the tools needed to thread the machine. When my daughter had to to go ask for a pair of tweezers, one of the head staff in charge was there. And I guess she'd never seen my daughter, who is a valued participant of this (and other groups).

This woman came into where we all were knitting, "who's child is this?" . "Mine" , I answered.
Woman went on about the activity is for seniors. "I'm no senior" I replied. "How old are you?", the woman inquired. "49, 50 this October". "Okay, I'll let you attend, but your daughter can not".

I was devastated. I take my kids wherever I go. I want them to learn and see what I experience. My daughter have helped some of the women there with their projects. They all love having her there.

Fortunately, my daughter is still welcome to the other groups we attend. Somehow, I'll adjust to not having her accompany me.

No comments:

Post a Comment