Thursday, February 18, 2016

Jammin to the "beats" and the "rhythms" of old school rapper, Ice Cube songs while hooked up to early morning dialysis machine.

Wearing my blue, typical, heart-shaped shades. Mane, afroed. Usual big hooped ear rings. Zoning out  -- Sipping on a tiny cup of hot coffee while savoring nibbles on a few sweet doughnut holes.

Though warmly dressed, still freezing. Blue, soft, u-shaped pillow comfortably tucked underneath my chin (preferably not behind my head), securely bundled in a large, fleece blanket...  nerdly bobbing  & groovin to the beats while people watching and smiling lovingly at my nearby husband.

Listening to full albums on my Spotify app. Totally wired, alert physically from the caffeinated coffee and the strong, addictive beats from selected old school rap (yeah, I listen to rap, old school preferably).

Restless but tired, yet not exhausted.  Doing the typical observing of my environment - all my fellow patients (and staff), in this case. Many asleep at this early hour. Staff, hurrying from patient to patient. Machine to machine. Computer to computer. Usually activity but a little busier due to some staff being on vacation, I assume.

Patient directly in front and facing me unknowingly provoked my hunger -- due to her aggressive and loud smacking and munching and crunching on ice and something sort of bread-looking food. Thus, my doughnuts :)

No comments:

Post a Comment