Saturday, August 15, 2015

Eyes stay puffy and tired looking. Skin - dry. Hair - wiry. Unsightly scars from surgeries and procedures; unstable walk, choppy cadence. [Challenged memory & comprehension] .... I've never been prudish or sensitive about my looks, but who I am externally and internally has drastically changed so much, even I don't immediately recognize myself.

... loose and flabby skin from lengthy hospitalizations. Weakened body from inactivity and damaged kidney. Though grateful for my life, I detest the physical changes that I could not control.

Wouldn't it be great if one can have the wisdom gained from life experience while simultaneously maintaining the body and face of one's youth? Being a former fitness instructor & beauty pageant contestant, I can't help but miss the advantages of being and looking extremely fit.

Rather than complain, I'll do what I can to make the improvements necessary for my insides and outsides. What's important is that I'm consciously aware of the transformations needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment