Thursday, July 16, 2015

Took some much needed time to revisit my reasons for blogging. Now that I've regained my writer's confidence, I will document them here for personal reflection.

I'm blogging because I love to write. Even though I'm not trained or remotely skilled to write anything professionally, I appreciate this blogger forum to explore my thoughts in an open space.

I'm blogging because I end up typing really long emails and text to express a full thought. Over the Internet years I've been told, "you should put this in a book". Many people have told me they've saved my emails and text. Why? I don't know but I hope because they found my writing interesting.

I'm blogging because I wish I were a professional writer. I imagine myself in a nice secluded cottage some place picturesque.  Beauty and occasional ugliness has been my muse. I'd  rather create in an attractive environment. Blogging gives me the feeling of being a real writer - in my head.

I'm blogging because it's therapeutic. Through my daily experiences with life, with my recent health challenges (beginning 2014) and now with my recovery evokes a plethora of thoughts that I want/need to get out. Blogging allows me to purge those mental ramblings in one space. Being that it is shared, it forces me to be more reasonable, more rationale with what's flowing in my head.

I'm blogging because I would like to inspire others in some way. I may not write solutions or come up with lots of "Aha moments", but everything I share is coming from a sincere place and if readers have any solutions to something I may be posting they are welcome to share. This way, other readers may be inspired by another's discovery. So there is no moral to my every post. And that's okay.

I'm blogging because I want to share with others how I'm coping with my reality. What I deal with and how I handle it. Perhaps there is someone  (or know someone) dealing with the same or a similar thing. Reading my blog may help them feel less alone and more validated in their circumstances.

I'm blogging because after my near death health challenges, finally I found the courage to share what I write, thus what I think is shared with others - people, readers who may find what I'm writing interesting and not boring.  I hope to attract curious readers who want to know, "what's going on with Sage these days? Does she have her kidney yet?". Or, "what is she ranting about now?".

Like me, some personalities may find this type of writing fascinating. May be inspired by it's contents in an odd way - the honesty. How I get through dialysis, the aftermath of the stroke, follow the Renal Diet, home educate my kid, have a son in college, be a wife, friend, etc. And I realize my writing style, it's not for everyone. Hopefully like minded, similar minded which are unique minded personalities will find my blog and enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment