Friday, February 10, 2017

Finally. After over two long months. I swam!

In November of last year I ended up hospitalized with a fistula infection. Then weeks following that recovery I had an unrelated surgery to flatten the grotesque knots on my fistula.

So now that it's the beginning of February, I've been medically cleared to re-enter the pool. And I did. And it was absolutely wonderful.

One huge portion of the pool was heavily populated with a water aerobics class. And the deeper end was cornered off for free swim. I was in this side alone. Free.

As I've written in previous blogs, I just started swimming last year. Had my first swim lesson last summer. And I've been swimming regularly up until fistula issue.

While in the pool, I felt so emotional. Teared up as I smiled while trying to remember to breath correctly all at the same time.

I was like a big plump kid. Sinking mostly but had a continued elation for the one hour or so I stayed in the water. I just didn't want the experience to end. And thankfully, I have the freedom to do it all again soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment