Sunday, June 14, 2015

After over twenty years of marriage, I still get goosebumps whenever my husband leans over from behind me, to show me something. All of my senses sing harmonies whenever he is near. I miss him when he is sleeping. *I miss my kids when they sleep as well.

Like just know, my computer-challenged self needed help to print. My husband, he comes over from his computer - which is behind me, to assist me. No grumpiness from having to stop what he was doing to help me. No selfishness. No anything negative, which early on in our relationship, I had to learn to accept. Finally having someone in my life of saw me. Loved me for me. Found me worthy.

My husband: So smart, so tender, so attentive. Broke and all, material things don't matter much to me. I'm loved. My heart is safe with him. We struggle together. Soon, we'll achieve success together.

Already, my kids want what they see their parents have. They grew up seeing consistency. Genuineness. In a marriage, they want: A loving and loyal mate which is a friend they can trust.  My son someday finding a woman similar to his mom. I tell him, "please honey, avoid the unconscious ones with the severe wounds, mommy was a lucky one who survived. We don't need/want any drama".  My daughter, a man like her dad. The bar is high. I remind her, "when the time comes, be patient. Be open. Be awake. Like mommy, be ready  and worthy to receive your king".

No comments:

Post a Comment