Thursday, June 18, 2015

Currently relearning how to sew. Have an old Kenmore from grade school. Had it oiled and maintained a few months prior to my illness. Since my health challenge, many complicated things suddenly makes since. While many simple things are hardest to figure out. Sigh. I don't know.

My son is extremely tall. 6'2''. My daughter is fairly tall for her age too, 5'5 (eleven year old). For my son, while he's home, I want to sew him some pants that fit. Since I had a difficult time finding a basic pattern for his height, I plan to attempt creating my own.

A friend of mine fortuned me with huge containers of fabric weeks ago which I plan to create lots of fun projects with my daughter. She has a newer machine, a Viking Emerald purchased Winter Solstice 2013. Though she's a tomboy, she does many traditionally girly things as well - sew, knit, crochet, etc. *Recently showed interest in dresses which was/is a big deal.

I'm sure there is some masculine material in there somewhere for me to design a pair of cool looking and form fitting pants for my slender built son.  Frugal, I'll find the most priceless way to make nothing into something.

This is exciting. Even just thinking about it (not yet doing), excites me.


No comments:

Post a Comment