Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Embarrassingly gained over 5  plus kilos in ONE weekend. Argh! This is not good considering what I'm up against. Kidney disease has certainly been humbling at times. I consider myself a disciplined, mindful, rational, cautious person. But if I can't control the liquids I  consume, what am I?

My dialysis days are every  Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Rain or shine, holiday or not I must be punctual in that blue, cushiony dialysis chair promptly by 4:45 a.m. Fortunately always accompanied by my dear husband.

As I type I'm nibbling on a few small chunks of cold watermelon. This succulent, beloved fruit will be included in my modest liquid intake for the day, so every bite though appreciated, is not as enjoyable as it could be because of prescribed dietary boundaries. I hate this. And sometimes honestly, I just hate my life (thankfully this feeling is fleeting). But restrictions, limitations nobody wants. Yet to live, they are necessary -- for me. Sigh.

I must continue to improve. Mentally,  physically & emotionally.

No comments:

Post a Comment