Sunday, August 16, 2015

It's the end of the weekend. I'm hot. I'm uncomfortable. I'm thirsty. Too afraid, too cautious to consume any more liquids. *Need to invest in a home scale to better monitor any fluid gain.

Hubby and I were fortunate enough to finally be able to go on a spontaneous date night. Thankfully our eighteen year old son is home to supervise our eleven year old daughter.

Went to Black Angus for dinner. I had rib eye steak and salad. Ate half and boxed the rest. Sipped on my husbands Arnold Palmer, divulged in the pleasure of a swallow or two of an adult fruity beverage; and didn't drink any of my requested water w/ lemon.

Regardless of my mindful regulations, I'm still panicked to drink anything today (even these two ice cubes) as my regular weekly (Monday, Wednesday, Friday) resumes tomorrow. I don't want to risk showing up too heavy after the required before/after dialysis weighing.

After dinner we went to a movie, saw The Gift, staring Jason Bateman (quality actor to watch on screen) and Rebecca Hall (cute haircut I was fantasizing throughout about - wondering how would it look on certain people). *There was this female adjacent to me with  one of those huge, cold, pricey movie drinks (I could hear the clashing of the ice) which I secretly craved. Being a frugal person, the enormous cost prevented me from asking my husband for one. Cost, size disciplined me for sure.

The Gift reminds me of the psychological and physical power a bully or mean spirited person has over their target/victim. The long lasting damage negative actions does on the victim. The journey of both parties being [wounded people] through denial, remorse, anger vengeance, forgiveness.

Once the movie was over, I noticed the longer lines, the diverse crowds, police presence over the movie, Straight Outta Compton (starting at 11:15pm). Of course this energy provoked more curiosity in me, so I asked my husband if it was okay if we stayed later to experience it.

We joined the line of mostly young people. While there, I stood nerdily awkward, [holding the yellow basket I keep all my fun activities and necessities in; wearing my peacock blue knitted triangle shawl around my shoulders] knitting a burgundy Ascot hat in the round to pass the time.

This movie was probably better than most expected. I enjoyed the quality of the actors {a former inspiring thespian myself}, the pacing of the film and the throwback beats - old-school rap, favorite. Being a native of Compton myself, a peer (age wise) of the characters depicted in film, growing up in the era of the infancy of such sounds, I could remember most of the locations and situations depicted.

It was so cool having modern times gadgets while in a movie theater. Not only did I have in my basket a yarn project, I had my tablet (Samsung) and my cellular ( Iphone). During our date, I periodically texted my son inquiring how everything was going. My daughter has a very strong, determined personality; while my son, more laid back and chill, yet assertive.

I felt young, rejuvenated arriving home in the 2 a.m. darkness & stillness of the night. Certainly we must cease every opportunity with our son being home to supervise (aside from once or twice, we have never allowed [risked] anyone to watch our kids, not even relatives). This way they'll have their time, being close despite age difference. And we'll have some much needed and earned adult time.


No comments:

Post a Comment