Saturday, August 15, 2015

Uh oh! My son has met someone of interest - a female. Thankfully he felt safe to share small details about this girl with his dad and I. So much about who he is reflects how we consciously raised him.

He tells me that I'm behaving like I'm jealous (of the girl I haven't met yet). My questions, my demeanor. I don't know now. Maybe he is right, being the perceptive guy he is (much like his mom).

What a young man. A man! is what me, his mommy must remember. I noticed on this stay home (from college) he is a bit more distant. Naturally distancing himself even more from the nest, from mommies bosom (figuratively) with each visit.

I think I'm having the hardest time with this natural progression. While my husband is his usual calm and mellow self,  I'm scared. Of what? I don't know. I just want to keep mothering and cuddling and doting on him. I don't want some other woman to take my hard "earned" place in his heart or in his brilliant mind. I want to stay #1 and when "she" or whomever comes around, I want them to know his mom's place in his life. {pout}

I know. I sound (and feel) immature and possessive. No worries, my husband will know this exact feeling when our daughter finds her "him". Mind you, she already does what she wants.

Seems like yesterday we brought our son home for the first time. "Eighteen years ago". Wow, time flies and this is why, I'm so glad we made the child rearing choices we did.


No comments:

Post a Comment